Community Engagement Coordinator
Mill Road Community Space/ Espace Communautaire Chemin Mill,
We require a super smart, socially aware student admin assistant, official title: Community Engagement Coordinator. Ideally you are a Chelsea resident familiar with all the amazing things and groups that make Chelsea so great.
We need help with communications, tenant relations, events, web content, and all around big, big plans. We are a new community space focussing on creating a vibrant, shared space within the Grace United Church on Mill Road in Chelsea.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
working with board on strategic planning for organization; participate in board meetings, help facilitate board retreat and strategic planning exercise
- draft work plan for organization
- develop key policies for organization ie. communication, financial etc.
- develop marketing materials and tools for the organization :social media, mailing list, website, flyer, press releases, tenant newsletter
- community liaison - working with community organizations to promote their activities and develop community programming to respond to community priorities
- support the implementation of the building enhancement project
- work with tenants/clients of the organization to evaluate their needs for using the space
- design and carry out a community outreach strategy
Supervision and Mentoring:
- in terms of supervision the student will have one focal point from the board to report to who will approve the student's work plan and provide direction, feedback and evaluation
- the student will define their learning goals for the position and work with a mentor from the board and have mentoring and coaching bi-weekly to work towards their learning goals
30 hours per week/ 6 weeks/ $12 per hour Start date June 1, 2015 (flexible)
Please send resume by May 7, 2015 to email@example.com or for further details firstname.lastname@example.org